Hello Friends – Last year, we signed up with Mighty Networks for our online community. However, their technology continues to change at a rapid pace. Like many small non-profits, we do not have an in-house IT Dept., and are not keeping up with their pace of development.
Additionally, people did not use the online community throughout the year in the ways we hoped. Therefore, we are asking you to hold tight for the moment while we investigate the best ways in which we can support development of a private, purposeful place for us to communicate, grow, and inspire each other during our annual MoM Conference and throughout the year. More to come…. Thank You, Martha JOY Rose (1/4/23) Here is a link to last year’s Community Portal, but we will not be proceeding to build our community here.
How do we transform in-person gatherings into online resources? [Go back to MOMmuseum.org]
- We’ve got lots of friends, content, posts, and questions that can bring more people into conversation in a space that’s all our own. But, online forums are new to us.
- We’ve been doing in-person gatherings and conferences since 2005. But, times are changing… and we’ve moved from New York City to St. Petersburg, Florida.
- How can we continue to connect after your residency, internship, conference, visit, or class is over?
- We are hoping to keep our vital connections going with continued conversations, creativity, and support here.
- You can also post and have threaded interactions.
- We can organize virtual sessions and events.
- We can keep our community active and messaging going before, during, and after our events.
- If and when we want them, we can also organize smaller groups and/or our own online courses.
- Over time, we will develop membership levels to support the ongoing development of the Museum of Motherhood and a new expanded location.