In a recent post, we shared with you all our vision for the New Year (see “North South” post here). It’s no secret that we have big dreams for the museum this year, which we hope to accomplish with your help! Strategizing our plans for 2015 got us thinking about what a New Year’s resolution looks like to the typical mom. Before we turn it over to our followers in the hopes of hearing from you, we figured we’d do a little digging on the Internet into what moms hope for in the coming year.
In our search, we stumbled upon a post from Parents magazine online, which featured real moms’ commitments for the new year. To access the full list, click here. In the meantime, we’ve summarized the list of “10 Real Mommy Resolutions” below (spoiler alert: they are selfless, kid-centric, and generous…as moms tend to be!). Here’s what they said:
- Say “don’t” less often, so as not to be a source of negative reminders
- Leave work at work after 6PM
- Let the kids have what I’m eating for dinner that night, instead of their usual kid food
- Find more ways to “go green”
- Incorporate exercise into my kids’ lives in non-competitive ways
- Keep a tidier home (honestly, who isn’t saying that for this year?)
- Immerse my kids in a second language
- Be better about saving time for my partner
- Practice patience (again, whose list ISN’T this on?)
- Keep kids out when I’m using the bathroom
So, now that we’ve shared ours and those of some moms across the World Wide Web, we’d love to hear from YOU, our followers!
What are your resolutions for the New Year?
Shared by: Jenny Nigro, MOM online intern