WE ARE “Pregnant with Possibilities“
What We Do and What We Want to Do
- Engage with people of all ages in an inclusive, supportive, and smart environment.
- Elevate the artistic endeavors of m/others, procreators, dreamers, childless by choice, those experiencing fertility issues, and those who have suffered loss
- Educate the public about women’s evolving histories, identities, and roles in the home and in society
- Explore the science of menses, conception, gestation, birth, and matresence.
- Examine policy and advocacy around parenting
- Elaborate on pregnancy and birth as a sacred and creative act
- Understand the concept and value of carework
- Nurture those who nurture
- Be an international destination for those hoping to learn about American motherhood
- Celebrate our shared human heritage: We are all born of a womb as of 2021.
MOM seeks to expand its current location from the MOM Art Annex to a larger space
STEP ONE: Raise awareness and bring attention to our project.
STEP TWO: Over the course of nine months we aim to identify a team of skilled people to join our Executive Fundraising Board.
STEP THREE: Task the Executive Fundraising Board with launching the next steps for our building campaign.
WHY MOM & OUR BUILDING CAMPAIGN
WHO: The Museum of Motherhood is the first and only exhibition and education center devoted to elucidating the art, science, and history of women, mothers, and families.
WHY: To oversee the permanent establishment of a world-class International Museum.
HOW: MOM inspires community engagement through exhibitions and education, through academic conferences and the Journal of Mother Studies, and by sponsoring global internships and residencies, making it an important destination for students, local residents, and international travelers.
WHEN: From October 2021 through June 2025