MOM seeks individuals to join our Executive Fundraising Board. This Fundraising Board will be seeing to future fundraising initiatives and overseeing MOM’s next-stage development.
If you have experience belonging to a board, have participated in successfully fundraising initiatives in the past, or are looking to join a team of fun, creative people, please do contact us: INFO@MOMmuseum.org
Executive Board Member Expectation Statement
- Support the Museum of Motherhood’s mission, purpose, goal, policies and programs.
- Set a visible example by regularly attending Museum events, and activities when possible. Be a presence at the Museum from time to time or on a regular basis.
- Act as an ambassador to the Museum by communicating key points to interested and relevant parties.
- Plan on joining our board for a minimum of two years, with an option for a third.
- Regularly prepare for, attend, and participate in Board meetings.
- Ask timely and substantive questions at Board and committee meetings consistent with personal conscience, convictions and ethics, while supporting the majority decision.
- Suggest agenda items, and bring important matters to the attention of the Board.
- Serve the community as a whole, rather than any one interest group or constituency.
- Avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest that might compromise the Board of the community and disclose any possible conflicts to the Board in a timely fashion.
- Never accept any favors or gifts from or to anyone who does business with the Museum.
- Review, approve and monitor the annual budget and fiscal practices on a continuing basis.
- Faithfully read and understand the Museum’s financial statements.
- Bring any issues or any confusion to the attention of the Board.
- Donate to all fundraising campaigns, to demonstrate 100% Board support and participation.
- Assist the museum with the development and implementation of fundraising strategies.
- Make the Museum one of your top giving priorities.
- Give or get an annual contribution in the amount of $1,500.