The MOM Art Annex Residency Program is open to those students, artists, and scholars engaged in the study of women, mothers, reproductive identities, and families from an interdisciplinary and multicultural perspective. MoM conducts remote residencies.
THE FIRST STEP TO JOINING OUR RESIDENCY PROGRAM IS TO BECOME A MoM MEMBER WITH AN INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP: JOIN MoM NOW
REMOTE RESIDENCIES: Remote residencies are open to all participants, local and international wising to work with MoM in a supportive setting. Participants are guided through their residency process by working closely with a MoM staff person on a specific project. As part of this process, a featured exhibit or piece of writing are exhibited online at MoM. Most remote residencies take place from one month to one academic semester.
Applicants & Expectations
Applicants must go through a vetting process in order to best determine compatibility with the guest artist or academic residency program. We are looking for valuable, longterm relationships to invest in. Therefore we request the following from our Residency Participants:
- Become a MoM Member in good standing. [Links are embedded]
- Send us photos and info so we can create a 500 blog describing your perspective and goals as an artist or scholar and what your work is about. Send to us via email along with your photo to be posted online prior to Residency
- Tag us on social media. Then, complete a minimum of social media posts with images or text to be shared online FB, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest
- Organize a project to be left onsite at MOM
- Complete our post-residency survey
We may require one outside reference and a proposal for the work you plan on conducting onsite. Send these directly as a follow-up under the header REFERENCES once you have filled out the application below and heard back from us.
Contract and Residency Booklet
Read more about some of our past Residencies here:
Find out about other global residency opportunities here:
Post Residency Survey
REMOTE RESIDENCY APPLICATION: