Internships: Each year the Museum of Motherhood (MOM) welcomes interns from a variety of disciplines. Each internship seeks to balance individual goals and needs with those of the museums’. Study labs, online courses, individual projects, visual displays, research, and guest docent opportunities are just a few of the ways MOM has worked with university and graduate students since 2011. Onsite and remote internships are available for the academic year. Write Director, M. Joy Rose: Manhattan College LWGRC /MOM Art Annex 538 28th St. N. St. Petersburg: firstname.lastname@example.org
The museum covers a broad spectrum of topics. An internship can be tailored to an individual’s interests and needs. Interactions from experts, professionals, artists, authors, and students are key to our mission, and we rely on volunteerism for much of our staffing.
Ongoing exhibits, attendance, and participation at M.O.M. See ‘Mother The Job’, a multi-media exhibit about the role of mother and economic capital vs. human capital and the ‘Global Motherhood’ exhibit.
Facilitate a study online or on-site. Come up with a questionnaire; implement and execute the study.
Silent No More and other Art Projects. Help us engage young people and college students in M.O.M. Enter our monthly poster contest for M.O.M. – a chance to express what motherhood means, or has meant to them.
Monthly exhibits. Help curate and install ongoing museum exhibits.
Research. Help conduct ongoing research and contribute to blog articles, conference presentations and more.
We welcome internships for those who are studying in the field of journalism, communications, business, gender and women’s studies, graphics & arts, sociology, anthropology, social work, photography, filmmaking, communication, history and more.
We’ve hosted many interns, multiple artists, experts, volunteers, and conference presenters.
PAST PROJECTS & SEE GALLERY BELOW
- 12 Days of Gender Studies Project, MC (2019) [CLICK]
- See our journalism student from Northwestern U. Her published article can be seen here.[CLICK]
In-Person and Remote Internship Projects Can Include:
- Research on a variety of topics
- Social media with some internet and website lessons: Twitter, Local Blogs, FB, Calendar Listings, etc.
- Museum Curation Experience; assisting with exhibits
- Retail experience and store sales
- Museum tours
- Program Development
- Day to day operations experience
- Conference & event preparation and exposure
- Library organization and cataloging
- Women & Gender Studies conversation, exploration and debate
- Early Childhood Development experience
- Social work administration and group experience
- Graphics, photography, and filmmaking
If you can help us fulfill any of our volunteer, staffing or project needs, we are certain, those who participate in this project will gain valuable experience!