The Museum of Motherhood is proud to launch online classes in Mother Studies. Organized and taught by Martha Joy Rose, BFA, MA, who is a pioneer in the field, the first session will be offered as part of a seven week summer intensive called “Introduction to Mother Studies.”
Mother Studies is a field of interdisciplinary study devoted to the issues, experiences, topics, history, and culture of mothers, mothering, and motherhood.
Registration is open now until June 10 for the 7 week summer intensive: (Summer schedule is June 15 – July 27). All coursework takes place online and can be completed according to your personal schedule.
- Learn about key issues facing mothers in the United States
- Gain knowledge about the history of American motherhood
- Understand theories of race, class, and gender
- Learn about motherhood and feminism
- Experience the art of motherhood
- Understand how American family policies compare to other countries’
- Empower your life through knowledge
- Understand your personal position relative to dominant ideologies
- Be part of an intellectual movement and supportive community
First time students may access a special discount coupon here: